When you are missing a hot cereal, this is the way to go.
• 1 small handful of raw walnuts *soaked for 2 nights first to remove phytic acid*
• 1 small handful of raw pecans *soaked for 2 nights first to remove phytic acid*
• 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
• 1/2–1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
• 1 pinch ground ginger
• 1 tablespoon almond butter (we like Barney Butter)
• 1 banana, mashed **may omit if trying to work on weight management or diabetes- too much starch & sugar in those cases*
• 3 eggs
• 1/4 cup organic coconut milk
• 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
• 1 handful of goji berries or fresh berries
Soak walnuts and pecans in distilled water and real salt overnight. I make a double batch (which provides us four meals), so I use 3 cups of water and just over 1 tsp. real salt. Strain.
Add walnuts, pecans, flax seed and spices to a food processor and pulse it down to a coarse grain, making sure to stop before it’s totally ground into a powder. Set aside.
Whisk together eggs and coconut milk until the consistency thickens a little bit into loose custard. Thoroughly blend together the mashed banana and almond butter and add it to the custard, mixing well.
Stir in the nut mixture. Gently warm on the stove until the “no-oatmeal” reaches your desired consistency; this should only take a few minutes. Stir the mixture frequently as it cooks, because it will easily burn. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and berries on top. Add more coconut milk if you want. Other fun additions could be coconut cream concentrate or shredded coconut.